#7 The Utopian Metaverse w/ Lorne Sugarman
🎙️ Today, Michael & Emery talks with our special guest, Lorne Sugarman. He is a seasoned senior executive with diverse experience across direct C-level operating experience, investment banking and principal investing.
Lorne is CEO and Director of the Metaverse Group. Prior to the Metaverse Group, Lorne was previously the CEO of Wellpoint Health Services for 9 years where he grew the business to over 250 employees, completed and integrated seven acquisitions and ultimately was sold to CloudMD (TSX: CMD).
He spent over 20 years in advisory services with over 15+ years at GMP Securities, most recently as MD / Head of Technology Group, and spent almost 4 years as Principal at KES7 Capital Inc. Lorne started his career with Deloitte Consulting and Deloitte & Touche providing advice to clients in North America. He also holds a BA from Western University and an MBA from the Rotman School at the University of Toronto.
In this episode, Lorne helps us understand current traction in the metaverse space, and how users are paving the way for mass adoption.
🎯 Topics covered in this episode:
- Lorne's backstory about getting into web3 and the Metaverse Group.
- How Metaverse Group is making waves in web3.
- Experience of buying and renting digital real estate.
- Different metaverse experiences driving adoption every day.
- Current traction and emerging applications of metaverses.
- Things businesses need to think before purchasing their first digital land.
- Blending real world experiences into the virtual world.
- How web2 users can easily try out any metaverse.
- How far away are we from mass adoption (not decades out).
- Users paving the way for better metaverse experiences.
- Interoperability amongst future decentralized and centralized metaverses.
- What is ecomm3 at the Metaverse Group?
🔗 Guest Links:
- You can reach out to Lorne on LinkedIn and Twitter for any questions relevant to the Metaverse Group.
- Learn more about the Metaverse Group here.
🚀 Thanks again for tuning-in to this episode of W3W Podcast! If you found it insightful, definitely give us a review and help us reach more listeners interested in all things Web3.
🏛️ Discord is our main hub and a community with some of the brightest Web3 Developers, Founders, Investors and Experts making waves in web3! Don't wait to join the fun!
Join our awesome Discord Community to learn, ask, network and make waves in Web3!
Brought to you by:
RNO1 | Experience Design & Growth Agency For Tech & Web3 Brands Of The Future.
Follow us on: